task (tăsk) - n.
A piece of work assigned or done as part of one’s duties.
In Apollo you can create Tasks inside Projects, Contacts, Cases or Deals. If a task is not connected to any other element, we call it a “Personal Task”.
All tasks have a status (not started, started, completed) and a description, but there are a few optional informations that you can set to get the most out of Apollo. Here’s a rundown:
- Set a responsible by assigning the task to someone else, or specifically to yourself.
- Add an extended description to add more information about the task itself. When viewing a list of tasks, the extended description is hidden by default, but can be shown with a click.
- Set a due date to receive reminders and visual cues that inform you or your teammates to complete the task ASAP.
- Set a start date to indicate, for example, that the task should not be initiated before that date.
- Make it a recurring task, so it respawns automatically after being completed.
- Set a priority to give more or less importance to the task.
- Attach files.
- Choose to receive a notification on completion, whoever completes the task.
Additionally, for contact, case or deal tasks, you can choose whether they should be visible to every CRM user or just you.
To create your first personal task
My Tasks in the main menu.
Add a task in the top right portion of the screen.
- Type a description for the task.
Add this task.
Adding a task to a project or to a contact, case or deal is very similar. Moreover, in a project you can create multiple tasks at once. Follow the Projects and the Contacts guides to learn more.